I decided that I should look back at 2010 before writing down what I would like to accomplish in 2011. It was a year full of excitement, learning and even some disappointments. This is what happened in my art world in 2010:
- Joined GroveHouse Artists Gallery. This experience allowed me to meet many talented people and make many new friends.
- Exhibited at the Coconut Grove Bank through the Miami Watercolor Society.
- Participated in the Gifford Lane Art Stroll. What a fun afternoon with fellow artists.
- Exhibited at the Miami Watercolor Society 37th Annual Spring Exhibition at the University of Miami CAS Wesley Gallery.
- Had a solo show at Great Florida Bank, Miami Beach, Florida.
- Took acrylic classes, a silk scarves painting workshop, and a mosaic workshop. They were fun and have enhanced my art creations. The painting above is a result of that, "Into the Light", acrylic, available for purchase.
- Participated in the National Arts Program and exhibited at Miami Beach City Hall.
- Color & Light show at the Riviera Presbyterian Church.
- Received a peacock to paint as part of the Coconut Grove Peacock Tour 2010.
On a personal level, I was able to watch my granddaughter become "big girl" in just one year. If that was not enough, she will become a "big sister" in 2011; a life changing experience for us all.
Of course, life would not be real if I had not experienced the loss of friends, watched family and friends cope with illnesses and many other disappointments throughout the year. I still believe it is important to count our blessings amongst all else. I don't know about you, but my fingers and toes are ready to count the blessings coming my way in 2011.
Happy New Year!