Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big News...........Grove House Artists Gallery!


It seems that every time I leave town, a big news story happens in Miami. They are usually negative stories related to my previous employer. I end up reading the paper on line and feeling sad and disgusted at yet another person getting arrested for greed and corruption.

During my last trip, I missed another big story, but this one put a smile on my face. I missed an opening reception for my friend Lynda Wellens and the "Sand, Sea & Surf" exhibit at the Grove House Artists Gallery. During the reception, they announced the award winners for the exhibit. I can't still believe that my piece titled "Summer Showers" won Best in Show. This is my first acrylic seascape so the award is extra special.

During this trip I was reading the book "Finding your Visual Voice". Could acrylics be speaking to me loud and clear?


www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

No comments:

Post a Comment