Monday, March 8, 2010

Two down, Two to go!!


I retired three years ago and decided to paint full time. The longer I am retired, the busier I get in this new life. March has been an incredible month. As I mentioned in a previous post, it seems that everything is happening NOW!

Last Monday night, March 1st, I had an opening reception at Miami-Dade College InterAmerican Campus. It was the first time I exhibited a piece in acrylic. The gallery looks great and the exhibit is up until March 31st.

This month, I am the featured artist at GroveHouse Artists Gallery in Coconut Grove. This past Saturday, March 6th, we had our opening reception. The gallery also has a temporary exhibit welcoming Spring called "Spring Madness". The turnout was amazing, over 200 visitors. This exhibit runs through March 27th.

If you have been counting, that is two receptions down and two more to go. These last two will be your opportunity to see my art and that of many other local artists. This coming Friday, March 12th, is the opening reception for the Miami Watercolor Society Spring Exhibition at the Wesley Gallery, University of Miami Campus. This year's show is spectacular and one not to be missed.

So what else could be happening this month? On March 14th, more than sixty artists will gather on Gifford Lane in Coconut Grove. There will be music food and family entertainment along with plenty of creativity. I think after Sunday's show, I will take a well deserved break. I will not rest for long because shortly thereafter my family comes to visit..........and that is my greatest creation of all!

GroveHouse Artists Gallery
3290 Mary Street - Mayfair Promenade
Coconut Grove, Florida

http://www.grovehouseartists.net/Gallery.php

http://www.miamiwatercolor.org/exhibitions.html

www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

No comments:

Post a Comment