Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Acrylics..........I think I like you!



Thirty-three years ago, I took an oil painting class at the encouragement of my husband. I had just had a baby, was away from home, and feeling very lonely. He felt doing something I had always enjoyed would lift my spirits. He had no idea what he was about to create. I painted in that medium for years, then stopped painting for a while as I climbed the career ladder.

Three years ago, I took up watercolors and fell in love with this new medium. I still liked the look of oil on canvas, but not the mess. Wanting to stay in a water medium, I started a class in acrylics. A few weeks back, I wrote about my class and shared my first abstract painting. As I got the feel of this new paint on the brush, I decided to create some other things.

I wanted to share what I have done since and inform you that each will be part of a show: one at the Miami-Dade Interamerican Campus Gallery and the other at the GroveHouse Artists Gallery. Want to know what they look like in person............................come to the show!

P. S. - My next class should be on how to photograph artworks and eliminate the glare.

www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

2 comments:

  1. Rosie,
    Glad to read that you are falling in love with acrylics! Please send Baruj my love.
    Angeline Marie of
    www.angelinemarie.net
    angeline-marie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! What is next? I like the beach one!

    ReplyDelete