Monique Lassooij presented me with this award. She is a fellow artist I met at the art marketing class I took last year. She mentioned her blog in class and after reading her blog, I was inspired to start one. But, like so many things in life, there are strings attached by accepting the award. I have to list seven interesting things about myself and then pass on the trophy...So here are 7 interesting things about me:
1. I was born in Cuba and came to the U.S. at the age of nine. I am the MOST Cuban -American you could meet and yet.........the MOST American-Cuban you could ever meet......at ease in both cultures!
2. I was one of those kids that took the art test in the back of the match box and sent it in hoping to win an art education.
3. Too serious and practical, I studied business and yet always painted and loved the arts.
4. I am a people person, yet I struggle with portraits.
5. Living near the water has had an effect on my painting selections.
6. I give 110% to everything I do.
7. I am so grateful that life has allowed me to play with paints at this point in my life.
Now I will pass on the award to Debra Cortese (http://debracortese.com/blog/)
Debra Cortese is the person who coordinated and taught the art marketing class where I met Monique. It was a life-changing experience for me. An artist, photographer, and designer, Debra's designs are inspired by nature. She is totally immersed in the arts and is the power behind many great events in the area.