Saturday, February 6, 2010

Spring Into Action


The month of March and Spring are right around the corner. For me, in South Florida, it does not mean much weather-wise. However, it has become my busiest month thus far. As a member of the GroveHouse Artists Gallery (http://www.grovehouseartists.net/) , I will be the Artist of the Month in March. What this means is that my work will be featured and I will be given additional space to display my work. This also means that I need to make sure that paintings are completed, framed and ready to be hung on March 1st. I can handle that! Now let's add the fact that in March the Miami Watercolor Society will have it's Spring Exhibition. I am also working on my submissions for that show. Now, I am a little busier, but still under control. In March is also the Gifford Lane Art Stroll. That was so much fun last year that I decided to participate again. Now, I am a little stressed. I love to paint, but I have other interests and responsibilities that take up hours of each day. Since what I will have painted will hopefully be hanging somewhere, I need new things to take to Gifford Lane. During March, I may also have an opportunity to display in a brand new place in South Miami that I could not possibly pass up. Now, comes the icing on this cake. My son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter will be visiting in March. Their bedroom is my studio year-round. I will need to pack up the paints and brushes and set up a play area.................not to mention all of the baking I have planned!!
Now you know that Spring Madness applies to many, but I would not have it any other way!!

www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

No comments:

Post a Comment