Saturday, October 3, 2009

FLower Power Forever

I have spent my entire life drawing. My first experience with painting was 36 years ago when I took an oil painting class in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida. In 2006, prior to my retirement, I started to experiment with watercolors in a miniature format (2.5 by 3.5 inches). I still paint that way today, although I have moved on to larger sizes. The more I paint, the more I want to learn. Something new I decided to try was prismacolor markers. They are so bright, colorful and easy to use. I decided to start a series of colorful miniatures using these markers. The colored flowers took me back to the 1960's and the flower power, peace and love era. I call these little creations: flower power peace and love. Most of them have peace signs and hearts. I actually find making these therapeutic. Time passes and I am covering the entire piece of paper with color. I have sold many of these, but you either love them or hate them. As for me, I will continue to make these to relax and reminisce of a time gone by.

1 comment: