Tuesday, July 28, 2020

My Biggest Fan

Last month I lost my biggest fan.........my mother. She lived 92 years and her life was not without problems. For one, she was not able to walk for the last few years. Still, she loved life, loved us and the beauty around her.

It was so exciting to show her my new creations. She would always respond, "Que belleza" or "Precioso". She may have found them beautiful, but would say that there was nothing better than my clouds and seascapes.  She would get so excited whenever I made a sale. She valued money and would follow her excitement on the sale by asking if I received a good price for it, which always made me laugh. I have not painted anything new since she passed, but I have made sales. It is extremely sad not to share the good news with my biggest fan. 




I was happy she went to all of my art exhibitions and projects, until illness kept her home. She was curious about the Wynnwood Art District. It was difficult to take her in the wheelchair, but she had a tour from the car. She wanted to see the colorful umbrella display  in Coral Gables. She was also able to enjoy that. She enjoyed seeing the beauty at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens and seeing the butterflies.  Her love of life and beauty kept her interested and ready for everything. Like her, I will continue to enjoy the beauty around me and remember her with each of my creations.

No one will ever love me like she did. 








1 comment: