Sunday, July 22, 2018

Umbrella Sky Project

I had heard about a beautiful umbrella installation that took place in Portugal and thought how great it would be to see that. I did not have an idea at the time that the installation would end up in my city. 

The Umbrella Sky Project has been in many cities, such as Paris, Lisbon, and even Pensacola, Florida. It was then that the City of Coral Gables thought, why not here? This week we decided to check them out. They are on Giralda Street which is a closed, pedestrian street with restaurants and shops making it easy to stand in the middle of the street and look up.......which is exactly what we did.

Someone described the colors of the umbrellas a a bag of Skittles candy. It is definitely eye candy. If seeing this installation, having lunch on Giralda under the umbrellas was not enough, our local TV station decided to interview me.

The installation will be up for 60 days, I recommend getting a color boost to your day.
To view the story/interview on TV, click HERE
“I paint so it’s so inspiring. I couldn’t wait to be under these colorful umbrellas!” said Rosie Brown from Miami.





No comments:

Post a Comment