Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Bird Watch

My environment inspires me daily. The lighting and the colors, the shapes of the clouds,  the movement of the ocean bring inspiration to any creative person.  I always enjoy watching the tropical birds and have painted a few small pelicans. In April, I was spending days at my sisters where my Mom lives.  In order to entertain her, I decided to paint a larger pelican from a photo I had. My Mom is biased, of course, and a fan of my art. Her "oohs and aahs", and continual praises, were  the encouragement and support I needed. I then decided to work on a series. I went on to do a second and a third. A recent short trip to Sanibel Island was just the inspiration I needed to work on a fourth one.

Below are the ones I painted recently. Stay tuned for one more


"Fluffing my Feathers" - watercolor (available)

"Nest Hair" - watercolor (available)

"Sandy White" - watercolor (available)

No comments:

Post a Comment