Thursday, September 12, 2013

She Can Still Sing!

I have been debating about whether I would share this or not. Being that this blog is about being creative and enjoying the arts. I thought it would be appropriate to highlight my Mom this week. 

Although my Mom currently has many disabilities, including dementia, she is still able to remember the words to many songs that she sang her entire life. One of the things she always enjoyed was music and singing so we play music for her and are surprised when she can still sing along. Amazing how the brain works! 

Last Sunday, September 8th, Cubans all over the world praised Our Lady of Charity, also known as Our Lady of El Cobre, patroness of Cuba,  As my Mom was about to receive communion from her dear friends, Hortensia and Angie, we asked her if she remembered what she used to sing on that particular day years ago. She broke into song and I recorded to share with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

As the great-grandchildren would say, "Good job, Pua!"
(Video below. Must have Flash to view it)






http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/04/3605819/our-lady-of-charity-mass-to-be.html


No comments:

Post a Comment