Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Photography and Painting














I have found that most artists I know start a painting, or get inspired, from an image on a photograph. Up until now, I have also painted best when looking at a reference picture. It seems that as an artist, a photograph is either my best friend or my worst enemy, depending on how the final piece turns out. There are times when my creativity takes over and my end result looks better than the photograph and that makes me very happy. However, at other times, more than I want to admit, my final product is not what I hoped if compared to the photograph. Starting this new decade, I will continue to use photographs to paint and if I am not pleased with the end result, I will share my photographs instead. Sometimes we must learn to just admire "Mother Nature".

No comments:

Post a Comment