Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Oceania Marina

Traveling is not only fun, but an inspiration for my art and photography. Our last trip was a Baltic Sea cruise. I was very much looking forward to visiting those countries. Little did I know that the ship, Oceania Marina, was just what I would love. It was like a floating gallery. As soon as you walk in, you can't help, but be in awe of the grand staircase and tables.  It was Lalique!!



It was also impressive to look around and see art on the walls from some very well known artists. As I read the labels, I noticed that there seemed to be an art tour available. The information desk supplied us with the head pieces and we enjoyed an afternoon of looking and learning about the art and the artists. It was  surprising to even see pieces from a local Miami artist.




The ship also has an artist loft with an artist in residence. She held classes on board, which I was happy to attend. It was relaxing, a way to meet other  artists or just people interested in art.


All in all, a fabulous inspiring trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment