Saturday, March 9, 2019

Pattern Design Vs Fine Art

Art has always been a  part of my life. As a kid, I enjoyed coloring. As I got older I enjoyed sketching, but never planning on it being a career so I never took art classes in school or college. It was always something I did in my spare time, as a hobby. It came naturally. 

Once I retired, I decided to paint full time, take some workshops and give selling a shot. I found that my hobby became a part-time job that benefited me with my anxiety.   I then became familiar with pattern designs. I love creating art for home decor products and patterns work best.  The problem is that pattern design is learned and most of the work is done via a computer. I can no longer pick up a brush and do what has come naturally. 

I believe many artists are like me, curious about working with different mediums, with different objects and with a desire to create. As much as I love pattern design, it is something I need to learn.. I took an online course and created the two below. Since I  have forgotten all that I learned,  any pattern I create now will need to be done by hand. If in the future, I have time, I will definitely enroll in a course. 







Click HERE to view my web page.

No comments:

Post a Comment