Thursday, October 30, 2014

I am Inked

I had been hearing lots of good things happening at Canvas and Corks in Dahlonega, Georgia.  How could I not check it out? Art and wine.....our favorites! 

The minute I walked in I was met by one of their resident artist, Ann McCormack. She gave me a tour of the gallery and I learned that a favorite local artist Grant Searcy has his studio/gallery there also, plus another oil painter I did not get to meet. The artists work, teach and exhibit there. You can also step up to the bar to taste fantastic wines from Three Sisters Vineyards. So far, I was impressed. I started talking to Ann and looking at her art, which looked very much like my latest obsession, watercolor abstracts. Ann invited me to come back and join her alcohol ink class which is the medium used for the pieces I was admiring. My husband and sister would have to find some entertainment while I attended. With their encouragement, I returned to have so much fun with color for the next two hours. I left feeling that this is something I must do. My three pieces below were the results of this visit.  Now to buy the supplies and continue experimenting.  

A chance meeting has now added another medium to express myself! Thanks, Ann!









No comments:

Post a Comment