Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thank You Mr. Peacock



Many of you may already know that I am one of the artists ready to paint a peacock for the Coconut Grove Peacock Tour . Unfortunately, I have not found a sponsor.....yet. Every time I visited the other artists painting their peacocks, I became more and more anxious to get one. I took it upon myself to contact over a dozen possible sponsors. One of the organizations I contacted was Great Florida Bank. The bank was unable to sponsor the peacock, but, thanks to Jorge Montero and Barbara Mersel, they offered me the opportunity to exhibit in their lobby in Miami Beach. What a coincidence of an opportunity to exhibit in the place I was raised after arriving from Cuba. To make it even better, the bank branch is located on the same street where I used to live and ride my bike. I would have never guessed in a million years that one day I would be back in the neighborhood, which is now hip and trendy, exhibiting art that I used to only sketch and dream about back then. I may not have gotten a sponsor, but Mr. Peacock pushed me out into the community and it has resulted in additional exhibitions.

Thank you Mr. Peacock!

(Pictured above: Javier Hernandez, Great Florida Bank)
www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic, Rosie!

    Life is funny, isn't it? Amazing that your peacock is now near where you used to live.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angeline!

    Life sure is funny! However, I have not gotten a peacock. It is in looking for a peacock sponsor that I was offered this exhibit.

    ReplyDelete