Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Divine Debris & Glorious Trash Exhibit










I wrote a while back about becoming loose........in the art sense. Now, I must tell you that I am just plain "trashy". How can an artist be trashy? By entering the "Divine Debris & Glorious Trash Art Exhibit" by Arts at St Johns and ArtShare LLC at the Miami Beach Botanical Garden. I had plenty of ideas last year, but not enough time to complete my piece. It was a fun show where all art pieces had to be made from recycled or trash objects. I decided this year, I would be prepared.

I gathered lots of garden trash while visiting Dahlonega, Georgia and brought it down carefully. I had my trash and trashy thoughts in mind. As I was planning my piece, I received the call to artists. My idea would not work this year. The art pieces had to be related to Miami Beach for those of us that do not live or work there. I drove down Ocean Drive for inspiration. I decided that Miami Beach is so recognized for its beaches and art deco architecture and I needed to incorporate that in my piece. I then had to look around my Miami back yard for the palm pieces I would use. Before painting my pieces I had to make sure that I would be able to display them properly as a wall piece. Once that worked, I decided to paint colorful hotels locateddirectly across the street from the beach.

The result is what you see above. If you want to see my piece, and those of lots of other creative artists, here's the exhibit information:

Miami Beach Botanical Garden
2000 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139

Opening Reception: Tuesday, June 15th, 7:00 pm

Exhibit Dates: June 14, Monday - June 17, Thursday, 2010


www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

No comments:

Post a Comment