Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mad Hatter Art Festival 2009


What a weekend!I spent Saturday and Sunday in Coconut Grove at the Mad Hatter Art Festival. I consider myself a "closet artist". I love to paint, but don't necessarily care to be selling it in an outdoor show. With a few of my friends from the gallery participating, I joined in. The weather could not have been better, cool and dry. After the previous day jitters over, I actually relaxed and had a great time.
The Mad Hatter Festival requires that all artists wear crazy hats; the hats were incredible. Imagine telling creative people to come in unique hats. I met a lot of nice people and sold some art. Another first for me was the Grove drum circle. It is an area on the sidewalk where a circle of drums are set up and anyone can join in and bang a drum. I decided to join and and had no idea how much fun it can be. I highly recommend it. A video of the event and all of the magnificent hats will be out shortly. For now, it is time to get ready for the Ramble at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment