Thursday, July 16, 2009

WATERCOLOR BATIK WORKSHOP - Day #2



We arrived on the second day with our own pictures to sketch. We now had the process down and had made most of our errors on our sample batik on the first day. I had decided to paint a heliconia and do it larger than the first batik. I felt the reds and yellows with the green background would really stand out with this process and on this beautiful paper. It was interesting to see what the other artists had selected to paint. I was so involved that although I had my camera, I hardly took any pictures or ate because the painting totally consumed me. It was a good thing that Lynda LaRocca, Fairchild photographer, was there to capture it all. She captured the entire class showing off their work from the first day. By the end of the second day, I had practically completed my painting with the exception of a little touch up and the ironing which I left for the third day. More on the third day later.

www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

No comments:

Post a Comment