Thursday, June 25, 2009

Technology & Art = www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart

This Spring a fellow artist, Lynda Wellens, invited me to attend an art marketing class. It was an Art Marketing Salon based on the book "I'd Rather Be in the Studio" by Alyson Stanfield. It was held at the Windisch-Hunt Gallery in Coconut Grove. The salon stressed the importance of technology in marketing our art. I slowly entered the world of technology by starting a Facebook page and Twitter.

Before joining this class, I had heard of blogging and read many of them. I didn't think that I would ever blog. Well, here I am, accomplishing one of the goals I set for myself, and my art, during the salon. The salon led by Debra Cortese, and all of the talented artists in the group, motivated and inspired me to blog.
At the end of the Salon, all 20 plus participating artists held an exhibition at the gallery (Rosie Brown & Elizabet Chacon pictured). It was a night full of art, music, fashion and fun.

Hopefully, this will be the first of many thoughts shared and a place to view my new creations and be informed of future shows.

Welcome..........see you soon!

Rosie
www.artistamundo.com/rosiesart




No comments:

Post a Comment